The Lenovo 20 Something Tech Throwdown
Essay Contest Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 20 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
You understand that you are providing your information to Lenovo® and you may review the
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Lenovo 20 Something Tech Throwdown (the “Contest”) entry period begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday, August 17, 2011 and ends on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Entry Period”).All eligible entries will be judged by members of the Lenovo Global Social Media Team (the "Judges") to determine the Grand Prize winning entry. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about October 7, 2011. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion or Contest.By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Lenovo, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC 27560 (the “Sponsor”) and/or COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC Framingham, MA 01702 (the “Administrator”), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam and other U.S. Territories) and residents of Canada (excluding the residents of the province of Quebec) and who are over twenty (20) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Judges,Wildfire Interactive, Inc., promotion prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the promotion agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. This Contest is void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER (8/17/11-9/14/11): You can then enter the Contest by visiting http://www.20sbsummit.com/lenovo-challenge/ and by uploading an original Essay describing your most creative ideas for how you would engage and build awareness of Lenovo among your generation. You may submit images, photos or videos as supplemental content to your written essay however it is not required. Each entrant must complete the entry form with all required information on the entry submission page, agree to the Official Rules and submit the entry in order for the entry to be eligible.
All entries are subject to verification by the Administrator or Judges. Entriesthat do not meet the Essay specifications, or description specifications, or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be automatically disqualified. Incomplete, illegible or mutilated entries will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible entries, electronic, hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, internet or network connections, accessibility or availability, technical failures of any kind, unauthorized human intervention, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information.Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of an entry by the Sponsor.
Requirements for the Essay and optional support images, photos or videos: All submitted materials must be original and created by the entrant. Submissions may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked elements other than elements owned by the entrant. Use of any copyright or trademark elements owned by a third party will result in disqualification of a submission, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Entrant’s Representations:By entering your Essay, you represent and warrant that (a) such entries are your own original Essay and not the work of other authors; (b) the submission does not infringe the rights of any third party; (c) the submission has not previously been a winning entry in any other contest; and (d) the submission has not been previously published in any medium. Entrant acknowledges that they have submitted their Entry voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency, or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and the Sponsor or Judges and that no such relationship is established by your submission of an Entry to the Sponsor or Judges under these Terms.
Entry Notes: Once a participant registers and uploads an Essay and any support materials, there will be no access to the original registration information and such participant will be unable to make any edits or changes. No Essay, photo, title, or description may beobscene, pornographic, violent, offensive in any manner, or in any other way not suitable to be published. If an entry falls into this category their corresponding entry will become void.
Grand Prize Judging: All eligible entries will be judged by the Judges based on the followingfollowing weighted judging criteria: 40% Creativity, 30% Use of Technology/Social Media, 15% Relevancy to Lenovo and the "20-something" demographic, and 15% Execution Potential.
Winner Announcement: Contest winner will be announced on or about October 7, 2011.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: Only the prize listed below will be awarded in this Contest.
One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive the following:
One (1) Lenovo IdeaPad K1 Tablet
One (1) Lenovo IdeaPad U260
One (1) Lenovo IdeaCentre B520
One (1) Lenovo Multimedia remote with keyboard
Membership to the Lenovo Advisory Council for one (1) year
Approximate retail value of this prize package $4,000 USD ($3,794.88 CAD)
GRAND PRIZE WINNERS NOTIFICATION: The Grand Prize winners will be announced on or about October 7, 2011. Conduct of the Contest is under the supervision of the Administrator. Potential prize winner will be notified in person and/or by phone and/or by email or mail or express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Alternate winner will be defined as the next runner-up as determined by the Judges. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
5. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release form (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). Entrants agree that Promotion Entities shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or any Contest related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Acceptance of any Prize constitutes prize winners’ permission and grant of an unlimited, irrevocable license for the Promotion Entities to copy, display, store, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise use prize winner’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the "Attributes"), for any purpose worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. You also grant the Sponsor unlimited authority to sublicense such rights to any third party, including, but not limited to, affiliated companies. You agree that the Sponsor shall have the exclusive right to edit, creative derivative works of, adapt modify and publish your Entry and may use it in any media in association with the Contest without attribution or compensation to the Entrant, his or her successors or assignees or any other entity. You agree that the Sponsor will not be liable to you or to any third party for any use, editing, adaptation, modification and/or publication of any Entry.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator, Wildfire Interactive, Inc., 20 SB, A Squared Group and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases Sponsor, Administrator, and the Promotion Entities (collectively the "Released Parties") from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest and (vi) use of any prize.
8. DISPUTES: By participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Released Parties and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotions agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability, resulting injury or loss, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Contest, or their participation in the Contest, or their participation in any Contest or prize related activity, or any travel related to the Contest or any travel for any prize related activity. The Winner also further acknowledges that Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, its Official Rules, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of North Carolina; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
9. TAXES: The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and the Grand Prize winner must sign an affidavit of eligibility and compliance with rules/release, and complete a W-9 form before prize can be received.
WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules (print this page) and/or any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Lenovo 20-Something Tech Throwdown (Rules or Winners), PO Box 590570, Newton, MA 02459. All such requests must be received by 10/14/11.
2011 Lenovo. All rights reserved